THE COLOR LINE VESSEL AMONG NEXT GENERATION SHIP AWARD NOMINEES
The Color Line plug-in hybrid vessel, Designed by Fosen Yard AS in close cooperation with Color Line, has been shortlisted for the Next Generation Ship Award. The vessel will be built at Ulstein Yard. From day one it have been a good and professional cooperation between the three companies.
With a focus on innovation and the Next Generation Ship Award honours the most promising design for ships that will be at sea in the coming decade.
The Award will be presented on 30 May at the Nor-Shipping opening ceremony. According to the jury, the nominated projects are pushing our industry forward to a greener, more profitable and more environmentally responsible future. The award will be handed out by His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon.
The Next Generation Award shortlist comprises container feeder ship designs developed by naval architects KEH, LNG-ready product/chemical tanker design FKAB 7990, Color Lines’ large hybrid plug-in ferry vessel, and the conversion of two existing diesel powered ferries, Tycho Brahe and Aurora, to all electric operation.
“Our awards are designed to promote the people and projects that are tackling some of the most pressing issues and demands our industry faces,” comments Nor-Shipping Director Birgit Liodden.
“Each of the short-listed projects demonstrate the innovation and ambition that is at the heart of shipping today, paving the way for a more sustainable future tomorrow.”
Learn more: Nor-Shipping Awards 2017
- Four of the Hurtigruten ship
- MS Polarlys, MS Kong Harald, MS Nordkapp and MS Nordnorge build in 90’s are in contract to be dry-docked and refurbished with Hurtigrutens “New Artic Interior Style” both in the passenger areas and cabins area.
- Dry-docking and service for class
- Each ship are out of service for 22 days for all the Accomodation Refubishement and Dry-docking/ Service
Conversion program MS SPITSBERGEN
The main conversion items:
- Upgrading of ice class to DNV-GL 1C
- New complete accomodation with standard based on Hurtigrutens new Artic Interior Style
- Conversion from RoPax to Explorer Passenger ship
Artic Interior Style